Monday 16 July 2012

Still feeling grotty!!

Our couple of days break turned into three as I'm still feeling a bit rough. We travelled about half a mile on Saturday, just round the junction onto the Peak Forest Canal. Ray had been for a walk and found a large pile of wood which one of the locals told us was from some trees that fell over the winter so he spent some time cutting some of it into manageable pieces and our roof is now well stocked for the summer weather!

I had half hoped that we could manage to getr a good day of travelling in today but the weather wasn't kind and by the time we approached Marple Aqueduct I couldn't face the prospect of sixteen locks so we moored up at lunchtime and hope to continue our journey tomorrow. I'm sure I wouldn't feel so bad if only it would warm up! I can't believe I lit a fire today when we stopped because I was so cold.

The only noteworthy thing about today's journey was the fact that Ray managed to negotiate Hyde Bank Tunnel without a single bump!

Since my last post we have travelled 6.7 miles, 1 lift bridge and 2 tunnels.

So far this year we have travelled 473.5 miles, 366 locks, 43 swing bridges, 3 lift bridges and 18 tunnels



In 2011 we travelled 461.4 miles, 444 locks, 3 swing bridges, 34 lift bridges and 15 tunnels


During 2010 we travelled 740.3 miles, 642 locks, 53 swing bridges, 4 lift bridges and 25 tunnels


Since Ray retired we have travelled 1675.2 miles 1452 locks, 99 swing bridges, 41 lift bridges and 58 tunnels

No comments:

Post a Comment