We had stayed on the river as the park-keeper in charge of the moorings told us the 48 hour restriction only applies in peak season. So we decided not to move onto the canal.
As we watched the river level rise until it was washing over the landing stage, and saw fallen branches cruise past us we decided that moving was not an option. We later discovered that the river is officially closed and in flood conditions. We did see a couple of hire boats, breasted up, being taken to the safe haven of the canal by crew from the hire company. It will probably take about 24 hours for the levels to drop enough for them to reopen the river. Although the level is already dropping. This evening we were entertained by the dragon boat crews training on the river, obviously "river closed" doesn't apply to dragon boats.
The West Entrance
The West Window