Saturday 20 October 2012

Annoyed with myself !!


We continued our breathtaking rate of progress today. It was a nice day for cruising but I didn't want to spend Saturday night in the center of Nottingham so we only moved as far as Sawley Cut, we will move to Nottingham either tomorrow or Monday.

My seasonal crafting is coming along nicely, these two designs of Yule/Christmas decorations have come off the 'production line'














            Tis the season




It was nice to see Derwent Mouth Lock in daylight with the river level 'on green', last time we came through there the river level was just on the red and it was pitch black, that was in January nearly six years ago when we moved from Nottingham to Watford. I was surprised that the floodlock at Sawley needed to be worked through, an extra lock today!

For the second time this year I managed to leave my windlass behind, this time it was too awkward to go back for it and I doubt if it would still have been there as there were quite a few boats on the move. Ray has been to the chandlery and bought me a new windlass but I'm still annoyed with myself !

Today's journey 2 miles and 3 locks

So far this year we have travelled 734.8 miles, 588 locks,  50 swing bridges, 23 lift bridges and 27 tunnels

In 2011 we travelled 461.4 miles, 444 locks, 3 swing bridges, 34 lift bridges and 15 tunnels

During 2010 we travelled 740.3 miles, 642 locks, 53 swing bridges, 4 lift bridges and 25 tunnels

Since Ray retired we have travelled 1936.5 miles, 1678 locks, 106 swing bridges, 61 lift bridges and 67 tunnels

No comments:

Post a Comment