Saturday 17 April 2010

Chilly winds and ducklings

This morning had a wintery chill to it, not too bad is you could get out of the wind. There was enough wind to affect the steering but not too badly. As there were no locks until Hillmorton doing the washing seemed a good excuse to stay inside the boat. I was having one of my "achey" days so I didn't want to get too cold. I did take the tiller for a little while after the locks but by then the sun was shining. We saw our first ducklings for this year at Braunston turn. The owner of a house there has put boards leaning against the bank so they can get out of the water!

We had an uneventful journey up to near Newbold on the outskirts of Rugby, I think this is offically part of Rugby. There is a bit of a park here, with picnic tables so a good place to meet the kids. I will go shopping in the morning for picnic goodies, Dani says you have to have jam doughnuts for a picnic! We will be here until at least Monday, we might even stay longer and do a bit of work on the outside paintwork, it needs it!

I caught up with a bit of the practice for the China Grand Prix and saw Sebastian Buemi's spectacular crash. It has to be one of the most amazing ever, and he walked away unhurt!

I missed "the debate" last night but by all accounts Nick did well. I'll try not to get too excited about the latest You Gov poll. After all these years I've seen it all before.


Today's journey 10.2 miles and 3 locks.
So far we have travelled 135.1 miles, 156 locks, 3 swing bridges, 2 lift bridges and 2 tunnels.






No comments:

Post a Comment