Thursday 26 July 2012

A familiar sight with a new owner

Our journey today was fairly straight forward, our plan was just to get close to the top of Bosley Locks ready to head down the flight tomorrow. We needed to stop somewhere for bread and milk and I vaguely remembered that there were moorings and a Co-Op at Bollington.

My memory was correct and we started to moor by Adelphi Mill when I suddenly realised that I knew the boat we were mooring opposite, it was Scarlett who used to moor next to us in Nottingham! An enquiry to one of the other moorers established the fact that she has changed owners but she is still looking good. We also saw Hadar and Alton on our way along the Macc today.



After our trip to the Co-Op we continued to bridge 50, just over a mile from the top of Bosley. Quite a nice spot but the wood was a bit too big for us to use!


I'm beginning to think I'm turning into a grumpy old woman, not one but two hire boats came past far too fast this evening. I actually shouted at the second as they rocked Morgana so much that I nearly spilt hot coffee over myself. I sometimes wonder if they are told to slow down past moored boats.


Today's journey 11.8 miles and 2 swing bridges

So far this year we have travelled 502 miles, 382 locks, 49 swing bridges, 7 lift bridges and 18 tunnels

In 2011 we travelled 461.4 miles, 444 locks, 3 swing bridges, 34 lift bridges and 15 tunnels

During 2010 we travelled 740.3 miles, 642 locks, 53 swing bridges, 4 lift bridges and 25 tunnels

Since Ray retired we have travelled 1703.7 miles 1468 locks, 105 swing bridges, 45 lift bridges and 58 tunnels

No comments:

Post a Comment