Saturday 21 April 2012

A little bit of shopping, a little bit of travel and a lot of rain.

When we got up this morning we headed off to the market. I'm normally very heavy on shoes but I got a pair of trainers from Penkridge eighteen months ago and they are still going strong so we wanted to get Ray a pair. Inflation has reached Penkridge and the same style as I bought then for £10 are now £12.99 but still a good buy. I treated myself to a new purse as the zip on my old one was dodgy and tended to throw my change everywhere. Apart from that it was just the normal groceries plus a treat for lunch from Jaspers, a bakery I recommend to anyone passing this way.

We got back to Morgana in time to listen to the Arsenal v Chelsea match then it was time to continue our journey. Raincoats and hats were the order of the day as the showery weather continued, I had hoped to reach Gailey but after three locks I was soaked and cold so we moored for the night.

Today's journey 2.4 miles and 3 locks

So far this year we have travelled 210.3 miles, 132 locks, 5 swing bridges and 5 tunnels

In 2011 we travelled 461.4 miles, 444 locks, 3 swing bridges, 34 lift bridges and 15 tunnels


During 2010 we travelled 740.3 miles, 642 locks, 53 swing bridges, 4 lift bridges and 25 tunnels

Since Ray retired we have travelled 1412 miles, 1218 locks, 61 swing bridges, 38 lift bridges and 45 tunnels

No comments:

Post a Comment