Sunday 9 October 2011

A day of mishaps

We travelled down into Berkhamstead today.

Our first "mishap" is fairly serious, it looks as if our alternator has given up, that means we aren't charging our batteries so no power! We can charge our batteries from our generator but as that is petrol not diesel it gets very expensive. We now not only have the problem of finding a replacement alternator we also have to find the money to pay for it!

Our second "mishap" is a lot less urgent and cheaper to remedy, I managed to lose our "handcuff key" while walking between the locks, less than a fiver and probably not needed until next year as I think it is only the Birmingham and Manchester areas that use them to secure the lock mechanisms against vandals.

Our third "mishap" was merely painful as I managed to bang my knee when I was tying up when we moored leaving me with a nice bruise!

Today's journey 1.6 miles and 4 locks

So far this year we have travelled 444.8 miles, 410 locks, 2 swing bridges, 34 lift bridges and 15 tunnels

Since Ray retired we have travelled 1175.5 miles, 1059 locks, 57 swing bridges, 38 lift bridges and 40 tunnels.

No comments:

Post a Comment