Saturday 9 February 2013

A lazy time


I really should keep a diary during the winter, because it tends to be a long time between posts because not a lot is happening I tend to forget the little that has happened.

We spent our legitimate 14 days on the moorings at Batchworth. Part of the time we were there we were frozen in but only briefly, we also had some snow but not a lot. We found a couple of old friends moored there, Dave, who we used to work with at Ultralon, has joined the boating community and Albert,who we sold Destiny to is still around, although Destiny has been sold on.I think I mentioned last winter that Destiny is now sporting a new livery but still around.

As I had to shop for Ray's birthday I decided to try using Amazon's Collect+ service. Various shops act as collection points and you can collect your order from your chosen location. Very efficient, ordered Thursday morning, delivered Friday afternoon. We also took a trip into Watford by bus for a few more birthday bits.

As usual I cooked a special meal, blew most of a week's food budget on it but there are only three times a year I do it, the other two are my birthday and our wedding anniversary.

Apart from that I've been doing a few crafty bits, Ray's been doing a few boatie bits and we've been staying cosy with the log burner churning out lots of heat.

I still haven't got round to visiting my brother, every time I think of setting a date I look at the weather forecast and put it off for a bit longer, sorry bruv!

We are now moored between Stocker's Lock and Springwell Lock, hopefully we will be getting a visit next week from the Hobbin's clan as it is half term but the weather forecast isn't encouraging.

Since my last post we have travelled 0.6 miles and 1 lock

This year we have travelled 29.3 miles, 56 locks and 2 swing bridges

In 2012 we travelled 876.9 miles, 675 locks,  55 swing bridges, 23 lift bridges and 31 tunnels

In 2011 we travelled 461.4 miles, 444 locks, 3 swing bridges, 34 lift bridges and 15 tunnels

During 2010 we travelled 740.3 miles, 642 locks, 53 swing bridges, 4 lift bridges and 25 tunnels

Since Ray retired we have travelled 2107.8 miles, 1816 locks, 111 swing bridges, 61 lift bridges and 71 tunnels

No comments:

Post a Comment